Saturday, May 9, 2009

OMG

Well, today, it's Saturday in my kitchen. While checking emails with my caffeine by my side and spring flowing in through the open door saw I had a little email from Seth, the Pied Piper of the Disintegration Art project.

Read it and FREAKED OUT!. Seth - has linked to my "lame-O blog-O." OMG. And, he has a cute little button on HIS page entitled Inspiration Station to link to my very first youtube of spring melting. A video (did I mention it was my FIRST?) I created at the suggestion of one of my daughters. I was talking to Jaye on the cell phone and held up the phone for her to hear the sound of the spring melt after a 10" spring snowfall. She said, "Mom, you should totally record that." And so I did. Then, posted it on youtube. Then linked it to my blog.

Back to today, NOW I feel like I need to like, clean up my blog. Make it neater, cleaner, etc. You know, like "the Queen is coming to visit." And, I don't clean, I create. They are different. They don't match up very well.

I created the blog as an experiment. I serve on a local school board, so I wanted to see what we are asking our teachers to use as part of 21st century learning and teaching. The learning. The scary parts of posting out to the world. Fishing really, cast out and what might come back? And, to understand the connections and magic our students feel as they make connections to people and communities outside of their own.

Thanks Seth for breathing inspiration into all of us!

I'm still freaking out! An icon on Seth's page....OMG!

May 17 Update: Seth linked his blog to a Inspiration Station. How wonderful for the new selection!

4 comments:

Karl Fisch said...

This is great, Renee, congrats!

What's next, TIME Magazine? :-)

nancy neva gagliano said...

renee......i HEAR your voice change, even in your writing. it's amazing......the difference between your writing/talking about art/blogs and writing/talking about school boards.
keeping the balance.
funny.....mr. fisch and his time mag cover..SEE? he knew.
i love the sound of spring melting that you captured!! and what seth does for us all! THAT i will write about ... somewhere! x0, nn

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I should have added more photos to the bundles I put into the compost bin! Guess I have enough to work with. :)
Lovely that Seth loved your video and now many others will too, me included. Very cool idea. Your bundles
are great! Very thought out!

Ginny Gaskill said...

I really enjoyed your video. I'm going to have to try that. You sure have a lot of bundles. Good for you, lots to work from.