Thursday, June 4, 2009

Taking the camera along

Took my camera along on an early morning, before work, walk. Trying to grab a piece of serenity to last me through the day. Usually I take a dog with me - I swear that feeling of responsibility NEVER ends. Absolutely delightful to take the camera! We had a rainstorm the night before so it was a wonderful walk. I don't live and walk by a really cool ocean or empty field so these are photos of gutters. Yes, gutters.

These fluffy things - I'm sure they are a major source of pollens for allergies, but they looked so cute and soft next to the formed cement. Like tiny pieces of sheep wool.

Pretty composition for a gutter. Makes me smile to think of a cement curb as background for art, other than graffiti.
Still trying to figure out what this was. To me, it looks a bit like a fisherman's net. Since I'm in Colorado, I doubt that is it. I was so excited to snap this photo of a found object, I didn't take notice of what it was. And, besides, I had to head back to the house, time to switch hats!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

gutters are goood! love your flotsam and jetsam in our colorado gutters! ciao!

nancy neva gagliano said...

SOOOOOOOO gorgeous!! thanks!!